Wednesday, February 15, 2012

MYSTERY OF VALENTINES

"Buy 1 get 2 free" deals are never that horrible like they are on Valentine's day. It's such a massive consumption fest; as if the more you get for your beloved, the more you love him/her. Many people know that does only show how much money you have in your pockets but they still keep buying expensive stuff 'just in case'.


I saw a young man yesterday carrying a massive Teddy-bear and two bouquets of flowers with a "buy one get second half-price" label on it. 

I heard on a metro two teenagers talking today. "What did your new bf give you on Valentine's day?" (another girl quickly listed things she got from him!) Oh that sounds nice.. he really loves you!"


But what if a man of your dreams cannot afford to buy you something expensive?

Looking back to my own Valentine's day experiences, as far as I remember it was never a good day of mine. When I was around 14-year-old that was perhaps the most fun times to celebrate such a ridiculous fest like this. Together with my classmates we made so much fun writing secret love letters for each other as well as for our young year crushes. We used to stick whole faces with those funny little heart-shaped stickers and made pictures of each other.  Then I was 15 though, things slightly changed. I'm not sure was it more because I started caring about having a boyfriend or just simply I wanted to feel older I've experienced an affair during Valentine's day. We were drinking before lessons and later during lessons as well and we were caught and written to police records. To appear on the school's notice board was an adventure at that time, so all in all I regretted nothing I think. 


I received a beautiful bouquet of flowers in the evening of 13th of February this year.
However, sitting nearly in the same place like I did last year, a painful memory popped up into my head. I remembered of something, I found that something and had a read through everything I've ever received and that all felt so bad.. Nearly like as if I've experienced that all again. (One more reason to hate this fest?) I've always been a memories keeper; I hardly open to other people but when I do so, it is so hard to take those people from head.. and sometimes from my heart. First love, love, love. What it's good for? Absolutely nothing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment