Thursday, November 18, 2010

Guys know how to twist their autumn outfit!


by Raminta Paukštytė 

Have you ever heard about guys buying women’s jeans? Let’s forget modesty, ordinary and minimalism. Let’s base it on a peculiar submission to image.

Who decided it was only the fairer sex who could give so much consideration to style, beauty and appearance?

For man it becomes more and more important to show his ability to be different and wearing women’s jeans is not a statement of being more feminine. It’s an aspiration to reveal his personality in one of the most creative ways – in clothing.

What I decided to do to prove my point was to sacrifice my weekend and go around the streets of Sunderland, idling about to find some guy with a look saying: “I’m fashion!”

I succeed with the task quickly and meet two young fashionistas – Aidan and Jamie – while shopping, which is what Aidan admits he does every week: “I can’t live without that”, he says smiling, while I’m buying a cup of tea for making our conversation more lovely and warm. 

Talking about more serious things, we came into discussion, what fashion industry is like. “It’s an art, but in the moment when you need to pay for it, the art ends and business starts”, - explained Aidan. According to Aidan and Jamie, it’s important to make a right impression of your personality in the way you look: “I wear marks on my jacket and it shows what interests me”, said Jamie.

“For example I don’t wear socks, it says that I don’t like them”, said Aidan.

Suddenly I found out more personal things. They both buy women’s jeans from Primark because they’re skinny and cost only seven pounds.

Guys should try to stand out from the crowd. Fashion is a reflection of personality and it should be executed in which ever way they want. No longer should men be confined to Topman alone and be left looking all the same.

Try something new, take a chance on some skinny jeans from the women’s section.

Originally published here

No comments:

Post a Comment